We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." ~ Jawaharlal Nehru

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Smiling Princess Abby

A great big smile to wish everyone a very Happy Easter!
 My beautiful little princess is nine weeks old and on Monday she had her two month old check up, I am forever amazed at how fast she is growing and how quickly time is going! I am trying my best to soak in each and every day the best I can and to capture every moment!

This past week Abby and I had fun visiting with Aunt Nicole on Wednesday! We love spending time with Aunt Nicole and we are going to miss her when she goes back to Rexburg! This past weekend was General Conference and Miss Abby pretty much slept through most of the sessions! Maybe she will be awake for some of the October ones! :)

Monday was her two month old check up and when she received her shots! It defiantly wasn't fun hearing her cry, but I would rather have a few days of a fussy baby than have my child get very sick! Grandma Jefferson (my mom) and Aunt Vicki came with me to her appointment because Roland had class and I didn't want to go to this appointment by myself! It was nice to be able to see them and have help with Abby when she was wanting to be cuddled after her shots.

Abby's doctor is very impressed with how strong she is and is very pleased with how well she is developing! She is talking so much and loves to smile at everyone! I love how curious my Abby is of all her surroundings, she is going to be a handful when she starts walking and can explore even more! Abby now weighs 9 pounds and 15 ounces with a length of 22.64 inches! In the past month she has gained 1 pound 2 ounces and a little over 1 inch! Abby's doctor said that she is one happy baby and she doesn't think that there is really anything that could upset our little princess! :)

While Abby's doctor was listening to her heart, she heard a heart murmur. So, she had us set up an appointment to get it checked out with a pediatric cardiologist. We were able to set one up for Tuesday morning! Monday night, after receiving a blessing, Abby had a good night sleep. Tuesday morning when we went to the doctor, he told us that Abby did have a heart murmur, but it was an innocent one. That means that there isn't any medical complications with her heart or activity restrictions in our future, it just means that her heart beats to a little bit different rhythm. She is unique and special straight to the heart! :)

Roland's mom is right now visiting with us and is meeting our little Abby! She arrived Tuesday evening, which is one of the reasons why I am posting this late! Abby, Roland and I are loving that his mom is here! I will tell you all about Abby's fun adventures with Grandma Fuller in next week's blog, along with Abby's first Easter adventures! Happy Easter everyone! Remember to say a little prayer to thank our Heavenly Father for sending us His Son so we might too return home to Him! :)
Nine weeks old and ready to go for a running adventure!

1 comment:

  1. She is getting so big! Those smiles of hers are so beautiful just like her mommy!

    By-the-way I made baked potatoes with dinner tonight and instead of looking up the recipe (I never make them in the oven anymore)...I just remembered what you said to do and they turned out so delicious!

    ReplyDelete