We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." ~ Jawaharlal Nehru

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Update on Abby #2


Okay, here is the rest of the “what is new” with Abby (and her Mommy and Daddy)!

Week 29:
·         Abby pushed herself up from her belly to a sitting position this week.
·         Abby has started to blow raspberries, which is super cute, except when she has a mouth full of carrots! Needless to say, dinner time ended early that night!
·         Abby also has started to really want to try to eat just about anything that she sees Roland and I eating. One day this week I had made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I had for some reason had set it down just for a few seconds to quick do something before finishing it, and when I turned back, she had pulled it down from where I had put it, had it in her lap with her hands full of the peanut butter and jelly on their way up to her mouth ... don’t worry, I got to her in time and washed her hands off so we don’t have to worry about finding out if she is allergic to it … yet! I better keep both my eyes on her at ALL TIMES!
·         One of Roland’s coworkers had a family emergency, so he picked up an extra weekend and ended up working NINE days in a row! By the end, Abby and I were starting to really miss him! J 
Daisies are my mommy's favorite flower, so in honor for Mommy and Daddy's second wedding anniversary (one week late) I am looking adorable with some daisies! :)
Week 30:
·         Roland finished up his nine day stretch at work and had a 4 day weekend, so we did something really exciting! We went to visit Roland’s parents in Valentine, Nebraska! It was great to be able to see his Mom and Dad again, and to have Abby finally meet two of Roland’s siblings, her Aunt Faith and Uncle Jed! Now, all Abby has to do is wait until Christmas, and then she will meet her Uncle Sam who is serving a mission for our church in California!
·         Abby also had her first really crawling steps this weekend, a little in my parents’ bath tub for my mom to see, and again at Roland’s parents’ church building for both Roland and I to see! She was doing a lot of scooting around on Roland’s parents’ hard wood floors! Mostly army crawling and pulling herself forward with her arms and letting her legs slip and slide!
·         We introduced Abby to Sweet Potatoes and I think they are her new favorite food . . . she downs them in no time flat and refuses to eat anything after them in a meal, just more Sweet Potatoes!
Abby is studying (the circle) just like her daddy will be doing next week (when school starts back up)!
Week 31:
·         Roland had another 4 day weekend this week, so on Friday Roland took Abby and I to campus so he could get his books and figure out where all of his classes are before they start on Tuesday! Walking around on campus made me a little “school sick”, but Roland reminded me that I am doing the best thing in the whole entire world; I am being a full time mom to our beautiful baby girl! He is so sweet! Someday, when he is done with school and our kids have started school, I will go back to school! J
·         Saturday, we took Abby down to Madison to check out the Apple Store at West Towne Mall. We had to get my computer checked out and compare the price of iPads. Here is the verdict on my computer: the bad news is that there is something wrong with the hard drive and they couldn’t just transfer the information off of it to something else, but the good news is that the information is still there, we just need to send the drive into a drive retrieval place! Yay! We calculated it out, and it turns out for Roland with his employee discount, it was less expensive to by his new iPad at Target. He is going to be using it as a notebook this year at school.
·         On Sunday, Abby took us over to UW-Oshkosh to help move Vicki into her dorm! Vicki is super excited about being able to go to college! She is going to be great! Katie gave Abby a tour of campus while the rest of us helped Vicki unpack. Katie is trying to convince Abby to go to UW-Oshkosh too (just like she did, and now Vicki is doing)! Who knows what she will decide to do 18 years from now! J
·         Abby really has started to move . . . that’s right, she is crawling! She was taking a few steps up on her knees and then plopping down to army crawl to where she wants to go, but now she has gained her confidence and is moving as fast as she can on both carpet and hard wood floors! Look out world, here she comes!
·         We introduced Abby to Apricots and Squash this week and she loves them! J
·         Today is Roland’s first day of school of his third year of college! He is looking forward to getting back to school and working more towards becoming a pharmacist! 

Today is my daddy's first day back to school! Go Pointers I am trying to tell the world how smart my daddy is and how cool I am now that I am crawling all over the place! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment