We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." ~ Jawaharlal Nehru

Monday, September 24, 2012

Fun With Daddy


This week I learned something new … if you are going to lock your keys in your car, then make sure you lock them in your car while you are in Wisconsin Rapids! The police department will unlock your car for FREE and save you from having to call of locksmith and pay for them to do it!

Also this week, Abby was having fun playing with her daddy and then he had to go to school. He said goodbye to her and then left. Not even a minute later, Abby was at the front door, hitting it, and crying for her daddy to come back! When I tried to have her come to me so I could distract her, she took one look at me and turned back to the door and pouted some more! I determined that someone needed a nap, because Daddy wasn’t going to be coming home for another couple hours! Lucky for me, she agreed to the nap idea! Roland thought it was pretty funny that she missed him!

Abby loves her daddy so much! One day this week, Abby escaped from me after I had dried her off from her bath, but not put a diaper on and she B-lined for her daddy who was grading some papers. I got to her before any messes were made, but as soon as the diaper and sleeper were on, she was back at him and pulling on his pants leg like she was trying to say, “Daddy, let me help!” Roland’s mom and dad say that they remember when Roland was Abby’s age and doing that to his dad too! I guess it must run in the family!

Roland and I took Abby on Saturday to lots of different community events!  First we went to the Farmer's Market, then the annual Arts in the Park, and then we finished up by going to Dozynki Harvest Fest! We had so much fun and Abby had a blast! We are going to have to make a habit of doing this kind of things! At the Farmer’s Market there were lots of venders that were selling some fresh cut flowers along with the fresh fruits and vegetables. Due the all of the flowers, the bees of the whole entire county decided to come check things out, too! One of the venders had a sign up by their flowers saying, “The bee is free. No refund for the sting!” Abby had fun dancing to the polka music with her daddy at Dozynki. I love watching Roland with our daughter; it is fun to see how he tries to help her explore this big world!

So, this week I did bake something, and my helper helped by pouting again! I made some Apple Crisp! I had to call Roland’s mom to find out what type of apples to buy, and this time I used Roland’s sister, Nicole’s, recipe (or something close to it)! Last time I tried to make Apple Crisp, I used the wrong pan and the recipe I used only called for a light sprinkling of crisp topping … it was pretty disappointing! This time, I redeemed myself! Roland said it was perfect! I kept on telling Abby while I was making it that she might not realize it now, but someday she will come home from school and say, “Yay! Mom made Apple Crisp!” Sadly, that day was not today!

It is officailly FALL! Abby is looking forward to those crunchy leaves that her mommy has been telling her all about! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment