We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." ~ Jawaharlal Nehru

Monday, September 24, 2012

Pulling Up . . . Soon to be ON THE MOVE!


Did I mention that last week Tuesday was the first time that Abby pulled herself up to a standing position?  Yep, she just figured out how to crawl and now she wants to walk! Boy, do I have my work cut out for me or what? With both of Abby’s parents figuring out how to walk around 10 months old . . . I just might have a toddler on my hands before I know it! J

This week Abby and I did some baking!  Roland had mentioned (not complained) that I hadn’t really baked anything for a while and hinted that if I somehow could manage it, he would love for me to do it again! J So, I took the hint! Abby helped me bake some oatmeal raison cookies (she was playing at my feet the whole time with some old measuring spoons) then she took a long nap so I could bake some banana bread! Roland came home saying that he could smell something yummy as he was coming down the hall! What a great guy I have there! My baking adventure went so well that day, so I decided that I would save us a few pennies and bake some homemade bread … well, let’s just say that pretty much the whole time Abby was sitting at my feet pouting because she didn’t want Mommy to bake bread, she wanted Mommy to hold her and play with her! Someday Abby will appreciate it that I bake homemade bread for her! J

Roland has started back up with school and Abby and I are starting to get used to his new schedule.  I took Abby down to visit my parents  one of the days that he was gone all day long! Abby had fun with Grandma and Grandpa! They had fun seeing her again and not being completely empty nested, even if it was just for a couple of hours! While visiting with Grandma and Grandpa, Abby had her first taste of “real” food! I gave her a taste of the cooked green beans that I had on my plate, and she was puzzled at first, but then she just chewed it all us and was looking for more! What a big girl she is becoming!

Another thing we discovered this week was that Abby is just as ticklish as her mommy is, and daddy loves it! I think she likes it too, after all, she keeps on laughing and giggling and smiling these great big smiles while pulling on her daddy’s hair! Yep, I taught her well, you can let them tickle you, but you pay them back by pulling their hair or something like that! J

Abby just can't help but smile when her Daddy is around! She sure has become a daddy's little girl, she even cries sometimes when he has to go to school or work . . . it is so cute how much she loves that guy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment