We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." ~ Jawaharlal Nehru

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

New Cousin and Cruising Abby


Have I mentioned yet that Abby is cruising? Remember how a couple weeks ago I said that she had pulled herself up and she had just mastered crawling? Now she is cruising along and climbing over things! Next thing I know, she is going to be pushing things over to help her climb up onto things! Bing a stay at home mom really is a full time job plus overtime! I might not get paid in real money (only Monopoly) and I don’t get real vacation time or weekends off, but with all of the smiles and hugs and kisses that I get, I get paid better than anyone else in the world!

I was pretty excited that I could go to the Relief Society Enrichment Activity this week! Roland had the night off, so I carpooled with another sister from the branch and was able to have some ADULT FEMALE conversation without a baby on my hip! It was AMAZING to have some me time, but kind of weird not to have her with me!  When I came back home, I arrived to a somewhat clean house (no worse than I left it), dinner made, a husband doing homework, and a sleeping baby! What a great husband I have!

On Friday, September 21, our family grew just a little bigger; Emily Evelyn Huckbody was born at 7:20 AM! Emily was 5 lbs. 14 oz. 16 inches long. What a little miracle baby she is and a blessing to us all! I am so proud to be her aunt! Roland’s sister, Nicole, and her husband, Joseph, are amazing people and wonderful parents! It was a very complicated pregnancy and we weren’t sure if she would make it to birth alive, but she is a fighter! We don’t know how long we have with little Emily, but we are going to live life to the fullest and appreciate each and every moment that we have with her! Emily is pretty much the cutest thing ever and I am so glad that she is part of our family! J

One morning this week I went in to check on Abby and I found her sleeping … on her stomach … on top of her blanket … with her head where her feet should be! Has my silly girl figured out how to fall back asleep on her own? I guess only time will tell! Wish us luck!

I think Sunday just might have been one of the hardest days of my entire life … Abby thought it was time to get up and play at 4:30 in the morning! That wouldn’t be the end of the world, if church wasn’t right at the time that Abby usually takes her morning nap! Let me just say, it was interesting and I am so glad that Roland didn’t have to work until AFTER church so he could take over! I was able to get Abby to take an afternoon nap, so it wasn’t a totally horrible day, because when Abby is sleeping, I can sleep!

A happy baby fabric in honor of Abby's new cousin Emily who was born on Friday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment