We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." ~ Jawaharlal Nehru

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Grandpas' Little Girl

Six weeks already!? Every week when I take her picture, I am just amazed that another week has passed and she is another week older! I just don't know where the time is going! My happy little girl is starting to coo and smile a lot more! The trick is to get it on camera! Every time I try, she suddenly is camera shy! Silly little girl!

On Saturday morning, Roland and I had an early unexpected visitor! Roland's dad had drove all night so he could surprise us with a visit! Roland was so surprised, he just looked his dad up and down and said, "What are you doing here?" And my father-in-law's response was, "I want to see my granddaughter!" :) He had to wait a little bit, until Abby was done eating, then she was all his! Roland's mom had come up with the idea that his dad could surprise all of us by showing up for Abby's blessing, and boy, was everyone surprised! I thought my ears were playing tricks on me when I heard his voice, after all, it was seven in the morning! :)


Abby took a nap with my dad after her blessing . . . or rather it looks like my dad is taking a nap and Abby is just enjoying being with her grandpa! :)


Here is Roland's dad enjoying every moment of being a grandpa with his little granddaughter! He was a wonderful help in the "lets see if we can get Abby to sleep" job! Roland and I were able to go out on a date, becuase Grandpa babysat Abby! We went to see the Lorax (highly reccumend, by the way) and as we were walking out of the theatre, I turned to Roland and said, "I feel like we are newlyweds again!" Or at least married with no children! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment