We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." ~ Jawaharlal Nehru

Thursday, January 12, 2012

One Month and Counting

Baby update . . . earlier this week I made a paper chain count down until our little girl’s due date! I can’t believe that it is actually less than thirty days! It is getting so close . . . I am already at 36 weeks!
Earlier this week I posted on facebook about how proud of myself I was when I realized I could still put on my socks by myself! Roland laughed at me while I was attempting it . . . and I have to admit, it had to have been a pretty funny sight to see! Can you just imagine what it looked like? I would first pull one leg up, while trying to push my belly out of the way, so I could reach my toes. Then after some inventive stretching and wiggling I would somehow pull the sock on! I think it took me a little longer just because I was so busy laughing at myself as I was trying not to fall over! ☺ Roland has been such a sweetheart and helping me put my socks on for the last little while, so it made me smile to find out I could still do it myself!
I miss my feet! I know it sounds a little funny . . . but the other day I looked down and all I could see was my belly and my first thought was, “where did my feet go?” haha I guess that is one of the reasons why I have gotten into the habit of wearing slip on shoes all the time!
I know that someday I will be able to see my feet again . . . in about a month, give or take a couple weeks! Until then, I am going to enjoy laughing at myself, because if you can’t laugh at yourself, you’re missing out on some of the best jokes! ☺I think that while being pregnant, one of the best things I have learned is to not take everything so seriously and be willing to laugh at myself! I think that Roland and I have laughed more in the last eight months than we probably have in our entire lives! Laughing until you cry has new meaning to me! This reminds me a of really cool quote that my sister-in-law, Nicole, shared with me . . . “The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.” -Marjorie Pay Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment