We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." ~ Jawaharlal Nehru

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Another Month of Baking!

So, apparently it is my destiny to write only once a month . . . hopefully, this doesn’t become a habit! I promise, I really am trying to do better! It is the thought that counts, right? ☺ In my defense, the last couple weeks have been super busy with the holidays . . . lame excuse, but it is pretty much the best one I have, so take it or leave it!

I will give you the quick update on my cooking adventures! Last time I talked about possibly making no bake cookies and/or spritz cookies for my sweetheart. Well, in the past month I have done both (I think that I made spritz cookies about three times . . . they are super yummy!) and I have made some puppy chow! I love this time of year when all sorts of yummy treats are being made all the time!

For Christmas, my mom and I made some Pull-Apart Garlic Bread and Christmas Rolls . . . both turned out wonderfully! Christmas Rolls is a sweetbread with cinnamon yummy-ness and other delicious ingredients and it has been a tradition in my husband’s family ever since my mother-in-law was a little girl . . . and it was a HUGE hit at our family’s Christmas get together! I have been told that I NEED to bring it again next year or I might just get kick out of the family! ☺

The week after Christmas I used up some of that delicious Christmas ham by making some simple crock pot ham hock and beans soup (okay, so it was just normal ham not ham hock that I used, but it still tasted uber yummy!) and I baked a loaf of homemade bread to go along with it! I FINALLY figured out how to bake a loaf of bread and to have it still have soft crust (like the kind you get from the store) even days later! I happen to be super proud of myself for figuring this out . . . I am thinking of baking another loaf again this week just to see if I really did figure it out or if I just got lucky this time!

My last baking fun adventures have been with normal chocolate chip cookies and some more homemade pizza! It is amazing how much better just simple things like cookies and pizza tastes when you make them from scratch rather than from a store bought package!  I did run into some trouble when making my cookies though this time . . . I didn’t have enough butter (oops!) so I ended up having to substitute some oil and add a little more flour in to have them turn out right! Oh well, the cookies still tasted yummy!

Well, I haven’t decided what I am going to bake tomorrow . . . possible I will try to recreate my soft crust bread again! I will let you know how it goes! Until next time! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment