We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." ~ Jawaharlal Nehru

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

NO SCHOOL!!!!

No more school! No more school! It's summer vaccation! Yay! Last Tuesday, Roland has his last day of school and finals! Now Abby and I get him "full time" for the summer! Hurray! Abby and I are already enjoying more daddy/husband time! We have gone on long walks together as a family this week, something I am trying to do every evening. Most evenings, now that the weather is nicer, I try to take Abby for a walk (at least around the block) to help calm Abby down (or ware her out) before bedtime. So far, it is working! :)

Another fun thing that Roland and I were able to do this week was to go on a date! I love going on dates with my husband! My parents came up on Saturaday and watched Abby while Roland and I went out to see a play called the Arcadia. It was actally pretty good! I called my mom at the intermission to see how things were doing, and my baby girl was fast asleep! Go Grandma!

Okay, so here is the fun facts about Miss Abby this week! On Friday (May 18th) Abby giggled for the first time! Roland and I pretty much were over the moon! I was making some pancakes for breakfast, and while I was waitng for them to brown up, I went over to play a little with Abby! I was playing with her and her favorite stuffed cat (from Uncle Sam) . . .  and it happenned . . . a little giggle erupted from her lips! I looked up at Roland, who was working out on our WiiFit, and asked him if he just heard her giggle . . . and he said yes! It is so much fun when she meets a milestone! We are so proud of our little girl! Another fun thing that Abby has discovered this week is her feet . . . she loves to lay on her back and just grab at her toes and smile away! She is pretty proud of herself for figuring out how to hold onto her toes!

On a side note, I think that Abby sometimes doesn't like what I put on her so she has a huge blow out! Today, I put an outfit on Abby and a couple hours later we ended up putting her into a second outfit (a bath was put off until tonight!). The really funny thing is that this was only the second time she had wore the outfit, and the second time she had a major blow out in it! Crazy! I still think the outfit is super cute on her, so I will risk it again . . . maybe next week! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment