We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." ~ Jawaharlal Nehru

Saturday, February 12, 2011

I Love Us

"How much do I love you? My love you to the end of the universe. Why the universe? Because just like the universe, my love for you is growing each and every day!" ~Roland Fuller

 Six months ago today, I married the most handsome man in the whole entire world, therefore making me the luckiest girl in the whole world! :) When I was a little girl I read fairytales where in the end they get married and live happily ever after, the end! Well, real life isn't a fairytale. In fairytales all the work is done once they get married, while in real life marriage needs to be worked at in order to be happy. I once remember being told that anything worthwhile you need to work for, and I would say that this applies to a good marriage too.

I find it interesting that Valentine's Day is only three days away when I am writting this. In my opinion, Valentine's Day is a wonderful day! I think that the new Hallmark commercial that was written for Valentine's Day this year pretty much sums up how I feel about the topic. :)
"Valentine's Day is not for saying I love you. It's for saying, I love us. I love who we are together. How we've grown, from our nervous conversations to the one we two have become. Valentine's Day is for saying, I love us."

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like Valentine's day. For me it's just another day to sell flowers and candy. Very commercial. Much better are the impromtu things that my hubby and I do for one another "just because." Oh, and welcome to the world of blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy "half" anniversary!!! Glad you guys are still in love--and you are kind cute :) That Roland is real wordsmith. It must have been fun to have him court you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Heidi! Valentine's Day is just another day!

    ReplyDelete