We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." ~ Jawaharlal Nehru

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

 "Drip, drip, drop! Little April shower, beating a tune as you fall all around!" ~ Bambi

Today, twenty-three years ago, my wonderful husband was born! :) What we were planning on doing for his birthday was going up to his parents' house and celebrating it with them . . . unfortunately today didn't exactly go as planned.

Today started off with me coming home at seven in the morning from work. Roland had to work this morning until three in the afternoon, so it worked all out! I get home, wake him up, I pass out in bed, he goes to work. Problem number one: I have had a head cold for the past couple days and I had ran out of cold medicine, so I didn't sleep very good. :(

When Roland came home from work, bringing with him cold medicine for his sickly wife, he woke me up so we could head up to Gresham! :) As I was getting ready someone came to the door to talk about the Stevens Point Mall and how the community wants to make some changes to it, when Roland answered the door, he stepped into a puddle of water that was coming down from our ceiling! Problem number two: Yep, that is right, our apartment was leaking! :(
This is the bubble of water between the latex paint and the drywall in the ceiling right above our door.
So, Roland, being very on top of things, called up Larry, our maintenance guy, and told him what was going on. Problem number three: Larry couldn't come look at it for another two hours, meaning that our plans of going up to Gresham where pretty much out of the question! :(

 What is the solution to our problems for the day? Solution number one: don't run out of cold medicine! Solution number two and three: tough luck, and be grateful it wasn't worse! :)

So, for my dear husband's birthday, instead of doing what we planned, we just spent it together and I took him out for dinner, after I took some cold medicine! :) Well, sweetheart, I know it wasn't the best birthday in the whole wide world, but we were together and it sure was a fun adventure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment