We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." ~ Jawaharlal Nehru

Monday, July 16, 2012

Mommy, wow! I'm a big girl now! :)

All I can say is that it isn't tomorrow . . . yet! :) So, as normal, I am going to write this like I am writing it on the day I was suppose to write it . . . almost a week ago! One of these times I will get it right again! :)

My little girl is a "big" girl . . . she has started rice cereal! Yay! Wednesday was a pretty big day in Abby's life. First of all, Daddy had the day off and that always makes for a fun day (family day)! Roland and I were invited by my parents to join them to a baseball game, so we took Abby to her very first baseball game (and the home team even won)! Then after we got home we decided to start Abby on cereal, something she probably could have done a month a go, but I kept holding off because I don't want my little girl to grow up! Though, the look on her face when we started giving her the rice cereal told me that she is more than ready to start this new adventure! Oh, and did I mention that it was her very first 4th of July?!

Abby's first feeding of rice cereal was done by her daddy with her mommy playing her paparazzi! She took her first bite with a little bit of curiosity, but one taste and she was a goner . . . she just couldn't get enough! We made a nice little mess, but had lots of fun . . . which dinner time is suppose to be: FUN! The next couple days (with mommy feeding her) we started to master the art of NOT MAKING A MESS! Yay for mommy! We mixed it with breast milk this week because we figured that she would have a better chance at eating it, but now I am a little worried that I am not going to be able to keep up with her healthy appetite! Just this Saturday Roland came home from work while I was just getting close to finishing up her 2 tablespoons of cereal, so he took over. Abby was acting like she was still hungry, so he mixed her up another 2-3 tablespoons . . . and she ate almost all of it up, there was probably only a teaspoon left! Next week I am going to try mixing the cereal with some formula to see if she will still eat it that way! Wish me luck!

As for our little mischievous 23 week old picture . . . I don't know if she was hungry or if the paper circle became a new "toy" that needed to be sucked on, but I think it could be qualified now as "well loved"! Want to know how I knew the photo shoot was over . . . she rolled over and started to play with the pile of clean laundry that I had on the other side of the bed. I am beginning to think that Abby really likes the color red. When ever she sees it on a shirt in our laundry, she b-lines for it! I told Roland this and he just laughed and told me that she probably associates that color red with her daddy, after all he is usually in Target "red" when ever she sees him! :)

Num num num! This week's circle is yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment