We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." ~ Jawaharlal Nehru

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy (one day early) Fourth of July!

Sorry, I was a little lazy in writing up my blog . . . at least it gets done, right!? (I am just going to write this pretending that I wrote this on Tuesday . . . the day that I was suppose to write it, the day I DID take the picture . . . so, at least I have one thing going for me, I take the picture on the day that I say I am going to take it!)

This week was Roland's first week of working as a pharmacy technician at his new job up at the Wausau Target Pharmacy! At the end of the week, I asked Roland two questions: "what more will you be doing when you actually become a pharmacist?" and "do you still want to be a pharmacist when you grow up?" He answered both with a great big smile, "I will be able to consult both the person receiving the medication and the doctor prescribing the medication, I will be able to . . . (fill this part in with lots of excited jabbering about all the things he is looking forward to doing when he becomes a pharmacist!)" Can you guess what the answer to the other question is . . . can someone say, "YES!!!!" :)

I love that he loves his new job! The only down side to it, is that this week Abby and I really started to struggle with bedtime! I even text my mom and mother-in-law telling them that I had a baby for sale, everything included, no delivery, only downside is that bedtime is a pain! They reminded me that there would be days like today, but it gets better with time! :) And they are right, Abby and I just need to listen more to each other (oh, okay, so I need to listen to her more) and compromise (I need to be willing to go with the flow and not "force her" into things). Sigh, it is really too bad babies don't come with instruction manuals like cars!

On Saturday, (even though we hadn't spent the whole week together) our little family went in opposite directions for the day . . . don't panic, we just did separate things! Roland had been trying to set up a time to go golfing with a couple buddies from work for about a month, and this was the only day that worked out for them! Abby and I went down to my parents' for the day to see my cousin Amy who just got back home from serving a misson for our church in Poland. can't believe that it has been 18 months since I have seen her! I missed my Amy Lee so much! (On a side note, because Amy went out the same month that my brother-in-law, Sam did, that means he will be coming home in less than 6 months! Yay! I can't wait to see him!)

When my cousin saw Abby, she kept on saying to me, "I can't believe we are old enough for you to have a baby!" and "You have a baby!" She just couldn't get over the fact that we really are growing up and old enough to be married with a baby! Since Amy and I are only six months apart, it feels a little crazy to be this old . . . old enough for her to have served a mission and old enough for me to be married with a baby! At my cousin's party, one of our friends came up to us and Amy said to him, "Tyler, can you believe it? She has a baby?!" And Tyler said to her, "If I didn't see it, I wouldn't have!"And then to me, "YOU MADE A PERSON!!!!" hahaha Why, yes, I did! I did make a person, and what a cute little person she is! :)

Since there was no 31st of the month, I just used the end of the month to mark the progress . . . so check out this picture of my FIVE-MONTH-OLD baby girl! She is getting ready to celebrate her very first Fourth of July! :)



P.S. I just remembered something . . . At the other outdoor picnic that my parants, Abby and I went to on Saturday (before Amy's), Abby started sucking on my waterbottle that I had been dringing out of, so I opened it a little bit to see what her reaction would be to when she got something out of it . . . let's just say, she is a BIG fan of getting water out of a bottle, she pretty much drank the rest of my water! Opps! :) Then later at Amy's party, I had to run over some dinner to my sister, Vicki, so I had my sister, Katie, watch Abby for me. When I came back I found my little girl with chocolate frosting smeared over her cheeks! They were trying to pull a fast one over me by telling me that Abby's first REAL food was chocolate cake! hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment