We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." ~ Jawaharlal Nehru

Monday, October 31, 2011

Fresh Starts in September

So, I have been horrible at keeping this updated . . . and I have decided I am going to try a little harder to be a little better! Wish me luck! :)

For Roland, some new adventures started in September . . . well, maybe not new, more like a second chapter of the same adventure! September brought the beginning of his second year of college. And now, that the semester is well on its way, he says that he is feeling more part of the campus life. He thinks that part of it might be because he is working on campus . . . three jobs! He works a couple afternoons a week in a Chemistry computer lab (making sure that everybody signs in and keeps the lab clean), he works a couple hours in the Chemistry stock room (checking in and out lab equipment), and he also grades lab reports for a teacher. He seems to be enjoying being able to be on campus and "part" of that world. He still works a couple nights a week at Target. And with all of that, he stays very busy, but for the most part, he loves it!

September brought us another fun adventure . . . we moved into a new apartment! Oh, boy, I can't tell you how much I love this new place! It has been so much fun moving into our new home! It is much more roomy and we probably well be staying here until Roland is done with his undergraduate degree. It is a two-bedroom apartment with a fairly open concept floor plan for the living space. One thing that Roland LOVES about this apartment is that the kitchen is big enough that you can fit the kitchen table in it AND still have two people working (cooking/cleaning) in it at the same time! I love how even when we had absolutely nothing unpacked, it still felt like home to me . . . and every unpacked box has just added to it! Another thing that we have found that we love is that we have room to invite people over for dinner and there is enough room for everyone without having to rearrange the whole apartment! It might be still a small apartment compared to some, but it is the perfect place for us . . . close to campus and the interstate, the price was right, and best of all, it is our new home together! :)

I also started up my own business in September! I am officially a Pampered Chef Consultant and I am super excited about this new business of mine! One of the things I love about it is that I can make my own schedule and still earn money to help support Roland threw school! This also means that I can be a stay at home mommy! :) I love how much Pampered Chef works with you to help you be successful! My director is AMAZING and she is a wonderful source of information! Even though I am very new in the business and have only been a consultant for about a month, I have already seen the benefits that it has on my life! In this economic time, where so many are being laid off or having trouble finding a job, I feel so blessed to have to opportunity to be working. I love my new job, it is so much fun and I get to do a couple of the things I love to do: meet and party with new friends AND make and eat YUMMY food! What is there about this you could not love? :)

We have found that sometimes life doesn't turn out the way that you think it is going to, but that is still okay. If you live your life getting caught up in the what if's and could have's, you will miss out on the even better right now’s and will be's! It is good to plan ahead in your life and work towards your goals, but if a change of plans comes along, remember that it is all part of God's plan for us, and He knows what He is doing, because He can see the big picture! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment