We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." ~ Jawaharlal Nehru

Monday, August 15, 2011

How to Get Permanent Marker Out Of Clothes!

So, today when Roland came home from work he had a surprise for me . . . but not the type that you jump up and down for or even smile at . . . it is the type that you throw your hands up in the air and say, "WHY ME?" Roland had accidentally gotten permanent marker on his work pants! YUK! Oh, and did I mention that I had just bought him these new work pants last week . . . so this was maybe the second time he has warn them! Yeah, to say the least I was none to thrilled!

After I got over the "WHY ME?" stage, I thought . . . hey, why not google it and see if there is any way to get permanent marker out of clothes . . . or if it was just a wishful thought and I was doomed to buy Roland some new pants . . . some people will do the weirdest things just to get new clothes! haha Just kidding, I know he didn't mean to, and he was pretty upset abou it to! :) So, I googled it . . . how I ever managed to find out things before google is besides me . . . that is the answer to EVERY question! :)

These are some of the things that I found as home remedies to the dreaded permanent marker:
Hairspray
Rubbing alcohol
Milk   
Nail Polish Remover
Gel based commercial stain removers
Stain Sticks
Baking Soda Toothpaste Paste not gel
Wash garment using cold water no laundry detergent and a cup of salt.
W D 40
Vinegar
Soak in lemon juice for an hour and then launder

Mix cream of tartar and lemon juice into a paste and apply it to the stain
Toothpaste
Baking Soda
Spray n' Wash
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser 
Anti-bacterial hand gel
Cooking spray
Bleach
Goof Off
Or All Else Fails . . . Take it the the Dry Cleaners! :)

So, I figured that I will try to do some of these home remedies and if that doesn't work . . . I guess it will be time to find a dry cleaner! :) Wish me luck! :)

UPDATE: We have found what worked for us was my hair spray and lots of patients! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment